Thursday 24 July 2014

Signs of life, memory maps, and a headache


"Signs of life" is a song by Pink Floyd, the opening track on their 1987 album "A Momentary Lapse of Reason." It is quite an unusual track, and the different sounds and samples all mean something individual to me. The first picture is also "Signs of life" - this time from inside the silver chip on my Parallella board - I compiled the Hello, world! example.

Now, to those already doing cool things with the Epiphany, yeah, ok, thats no mean feat. And sure, it isn't. Except I am a Doubting Thomas, and I like to see it before I accept it as good to go. Its all good to have this fancy board on my desk, and it looks cool and all that, sure, and people are building supercomputer clusters with it, great, but does it do anything?!

And yes, it does.

The astute will note it is via VNC connection on my MacBook - this is deliberate, as I don't possess a USB hub with a power supply at the moment - got two USB hubs, no power supplies. And the last thing I want is a USB burnout on my shiny new board! Especially when I just got the wretched thing working!

Now all I have to do is make some time to evaluate exactly where I'm going to go next with this project, and jot it down in mind map format. I may make some notes tonight after dinner.

The second picture is also interesting - a rudimentary memory map arrangement for a single Epiphany core! Of course this will be integrated into my mind map.

Now if only I could get rid of this rotten headache...

No comments:

Post a Comment